Every year, more than a hundred nominating bodies all over the world propose candidates for The World’s Largest
Children’s Literature Award, the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award. The nomination process for the 2021 award is now open.
South African individuals who are eligible [click here to view who is eligible for nominations] are welcome to submit a 500-word motivation detailing “Grounds for nomination” (why the organization/individual would be a strong candidate for the ALMA) to IBBY SA at email@example.com by 5pm on 20 March 2020. The process for submitting nominations for the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award through IBBY SA will be over two phases, as follows:
- Anyone wishing to nominate will first check that the organization/individual being nominated is eligible [click here to view who is eligible for nominations] and that should they be nominated, they are willing to prepare the documents needed [click here to view the Nomination Form] for submission to the Swedish Arts Council by the 10 May deadline.
- Then, a 500-word motivation detailing “Grounds for nomination” (why the organization/individual would be a strong candidate for the ALMA) will be submitted to IBBY SA firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 20 March 2020.
- IBBY SA will review nominations and select the two nominations they consider strongest contenders to put forward for the ALMA, providing feedback on outcome by 2 April 2020.
- These two nominees must then complete the required documents for submission and send to IBBY SA by no later than 10 May 2020.
- IBBY SA is required to submit these nominations to the Swedish Arts Council by 15 May 2020, via email or online.
Please note that the other nominating bodies in South Africa are: Children’s Literature Research Unit (UNISA), Project for the Study of Alternative Education in South Africa (PRAESA), Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators.
Each nominating body can nominate up to two nominees in their own country, and two from other countries. If you have any questions contact IBBY SA at email@example.com